Friday, December 16, 2011

It is Not a Strategy that will Change the World, it is a Dance

My Africa Dance - Part 2

I literally danced through Mozambique, as God worked intently on my heart and danced with me.

All my fears melted away. My doubt was swallowed up. All my questions, worries, anxieties, were all swallowed up in His endless love as we danced through Mozambique together. In the dirt, at the ocean's edge, on top of the mountains, at the ocean's edge, with the children, with the pastors, everywhere.

My first day there, I went up the hill to the prayer hut that overlooks the entire base and the ocean, and put in my earphones, and danced. For hours and hours. I didn't know what time it was, and I didn't care. Where else did I have to be? I danced for hours.

I danced on the beach. Spinning, twirling, being romanced by the King, immersed in His beauty on the other side of the world. My heart still had fears and questions, but I danced in spite of them, and because of them.

At the top of a mountain in a remote village that few even know exists, I danced. I felt God's presence closer and nearer on that mountain in that remote African village thatn anywhere else. And we danced together with His beautiful African people!!!!

I danced with 3 BEAUTIFUL, PRICELESS JEWELS, MY GIRLS, outside the gate to my house. For hours we laughed and danced, spiinning twirling and singing, BAREFOOT. IN THE DIRT. KICKING UP RED DIRT AND STIRRING UP SO MUCH DUST, WE DANCED. I was barefoot. I didn't care about worms, pestisides or catching deadly diseases. I wanted to be free. As the sun set we danced gazing at the beauty in the sky above us, together, princesses, singing and laughing.

I never got worms.

I danced in the church, wearing a tiara at the back stage. For 2 hours barefoot on that rough concrete stage. My feet hurt and had blisters after, but that dance was worth it.

I danced with my sisters in front of the entire school and staff together one morning for class, as the breeze blew all around our open classroom one morning.

One windy night in the church, as I was dancing I looked out at the sky from the open windows and saw the full moon, HUGE, and orangey-red. I danced with the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, who is the risen, coming King.

And I danced and Maranganya, up on the huge, endless hills that overlook the ocean from east to west as far as the eye can see. It was so, so windy that day. We danced in that gazebo with BEAUTY all around us. Hair and skirts blowing madly.

And as I traipsed through the villages with loads of children running and following me, I danced. Up and down and all around those bumpy, dirty, dusty streets.

I danced all the way through Mozambique and all the way home again.

And as we danced together, He and I, my heart was transformed. He changed me. He grew me up, and made me brave. He made me fearless.

He transformed a princess into a Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment