Saturday, April 16, 2011

Here I Go Again

Getting ready to get on another plane next month and leave again. This time it's a lot farther away from home. AFRICA. For 3 months.

I'm so scared to leave again when I know it's only a season and I just want a place and community where I can stay and call home. Florida was wonderful and amazing, for 20 years. Missouri was incredible and all I could ever ask for. and I never wanted to leave. It was way too short. Now the Lord is leading me elsewhere, into another season. And then it's going to end. My heart gets tied to every season, and then they end. It breaks my heart. But there's always another season coming.

So I step out in spite of my fears, and brace myself to fall right into His arms. He has called, and He is faithful. I don't know what's going to happen, but I never do. I've got to learn how to accept that. You see, I'm always going to be passing through. I am just a pilgrim. The LORD has given me a Pioneer heart. While I wait for the man who is going to walk with me into the unknown, I have to go alone. While I wait for my Pilgrim man, I have to pilgrim alone. But I am NOT alone. I'm never going to know where I'm going, or where He's going to call me/us next. But if we keep our eyes on Him it's OK. He's our security. He's our safety. We never go alone.

I am not going to Africa alone. By myself, yes. But He is with me. He's never going to leave me. I've got to learn to lean on Him and Him alone. People will come and go in my life. ALWAYS. Some day family members may die and leave me here. When I'm married, my husband won't always be with me, there will be times we are possibly seperated, in other parts of the world.

In this season He is teaching me to find my security in Him. ONLY Him.

God alone is the only one who isn't going anywhere. He is unchanging. Everything in life always changes, but He doesn't. He is the First and Last. He's constant and He is a ROCK. When I'm spinning He is my anchor. He is the only one that isn't leaving me. I cling to the LORD with all that I am, and step out, into the unknown, into His arms.

Sweet Jesus, stay close to me......

No comments:

Post a Comment